Fruit Tarts !!!
350g plain flour
1. Preheat oven at 170 degree C
2. Cream butter and sugar until sugar is dissolved, add in the egg and mixed well.
3. Add in sifted plain flour slowly and mix until a dough holds together.
4. Divide dough into small portions (est. 20g) and place into tart moulds and press dough evenly onto moulds.
5. Bake at 170 degree for about 15 mins or until golden brown
6. Let the tart shell cool down before removing it from the moulds.
150g sugar (I usually reduced the sugar)
50g fresh milk
100g custard powder
1. Boil water, sugar and butter together
2. Mix milk, egg and custard powder together and pour into above.
3. Cook over gentle fire until mixture thickens and pipe into baked tart shells.
PS: or you can get the instant custard powder from Phoon Huat. :P
For glazing :Boil together 1/2 tbsp agar agar powder, 130 ml water and 30g sugar until dissolved. Brush onto fruits. (note: Do not brush onto the tart shell)