Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pandan Cotton Cake

Today is last Sunday before school reopen again after 4 weeks break. My life is going to be stressful again but then I think I need to take thing easy.  Need to clear the 2 packs of coconut cream in my fridge. The first time that came to my mind was pandan chiffon cake.  However, I have to give up the idea because I don’t have a tube pan!! (fantastic excuse).  Actually the truth is that I am afraid of failure. (>_<)

I ran a search online and this pandan cotton cake from Bakericious blog caught my eyes.  I replaced the milk with coconut cream.  The texture of the cake look cottony just like the name, it’s very soft and moist with a nice hint of pandan taste.  However, I am a bit disappointed as the cake didn’t raise as much as I would expected. (it could be due to the bigger tin I use)


Adapted and slightly modified from bakericious

Ingredients :

(A)
30g butter
45g cake flour

(B)
3 egg yolks
40g coconut cream
  Tbsp pandan paste + 2 Tbsp water
(C)
3 egg whites
40g caster sugar

Methods:

1. Melt the butter. Pour in the sifted cake flour and mix well.

2. Add pandan paste to water and coconut cream, mix well.

3. Beat the egg yolk lightly, add in 1/3 of the pandan mixture and mix well. Pour in the remaining mixture and mix till well combine.

4. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Add sugar gradually and beat till soft peak.

5. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites to the yolk mixture till well combine. Pour in the remaining egg whites and mix well.

6. Pour the batter into baking tin, lightly bang the pan to reduce air bubbles.

7. Bake over water bath at 160C about 30 minutes.

8. Once cooked, invert the cake on wire rack. Cut the cake when completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment