Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flower Bun & Ham Rolls


My kids asked me this morning if I can make some buns for them to bring to school tomorrow.  As I still have some white lotus paste in my fridge, I agreed. I remembered seeing this very pretty flower shape mooncake somewhere before so I thought it may be a good idea to shape my buns into “flower”.

After making all the “flowers”, still have some dough left, so I just ask the kids to flatten the dough, put a ham in the middle and roll it up. J



Here is the recipe for the Basic Bread Dough taken from Bread Code with a slight modification.

Ingredients A:
500g high protein flour
1 tsp instant yeast

Ingredients B:
60g sugar   (will increase next time as I prefer sweeter bread)
1 tsp (5g) Salt   (I omitted as I used salted butter)
1 tsp (5g) milk powder   (I replace this with soya milk powder)

Ingredients C:
1 Egg
250g water

Ingredient D:
5og butter

Method:

  1. Put ingredients A in a mixer and blend at low speed for 1 min.
  2. Add ingredients B, blend for 1 min.
  3. Add ingredients C, blend at low speed for 1 min, then use medium speed to blend for 5 min until dough-like.
  4. Add ingredient D and continue to blend 10-15 mins till dough is shiny and springy (I didn’t use mixer so hand kneading will take about 30 mins)
  5. Use a wet towel to cover the dough and allow to leaven for 45mins till the dough doubled.
  6. Divide the bread dough into 40g and wrapped the white lotus paste, flatten and use a knife to cut out 5 openings.
  7. Place on baking paper, glazed with beaten egg  and sprinkle some almond nuts in the center of the flower (additional step by me)
  8. Place into pre-heated oven, baked at 180 C for 20 mins.
  9. Cool on cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment