My kids fell in love with Winnie the Pooh after visiting Hong Kong Disneyland. After looking high and low, I have also managed to find the Pooh & Piglet cookie cutters so here are the Pooh and Piglet cookies!!!
100g butter, softened at room temperature
80g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
180g cake flour
20g corn flour
1. Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside.
2. mix sugar to the butter and cream till the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
4. Add sifted flour mixture in 2 ~ 3 additions, stir w/ spatula to form a soft dough.
5. Place dough in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin.
6. Refrigerate the dough for about half an hour.
7. Remove dough from fridge. Roll out dough on slightly floured work surface (at this moment the dough may crack) If the dough appears to be a little to hard and breaks into pieces while rolling, leave it at room temperature for a few minutes. The dough will soften up and can be rolled easily.
8. cut out with slightly floured cookie cutters.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 degC for 15 ~ 20mins.
10. Let cool and store in air-tight container.